Why Our Autism Program Works
- Highly-educated and skilled staff including behavior analysts; special education teachers; occupational, physical, and speech and language therapists; and implementers, or aides, with autism training and experience
- Ongoing training provided to staff to keep current with new research available in the field
- Specific, developmentally appropriate individualized goals for each client
- Daily data collection and analysis to support goals
- Curriculum with activities to build self-help, daily living, and prevocational skills
- Targeted learning opportunities to develop social skills in everyday community settings, such as grocery stores and playgrounds
- Year-round treatment, preventing regression associated with extended time without treatment
- Parent participation encouraged in orientation sessions and regular conferences to maintain involvement and help continue teaching techniques in the home
- Expertise in managing challenging behaviors
Want to learn more?
For further information about Bill & Virginia Leffen Center for Autism services, the application process or current fees, please call 417.347.7850.
Bill & Virginia Leffen Center for Autism
2808 S. Picher